Lewis Baltz — readings by, about
- Baltz, Lewis. Tract Houses. Sausalito, California: Lewis Baltz, 1972.
- Baltz, Lewis. The New Industrial Parks Near Irvine California. Sausalito, California: Lewis Baltz, 197 4.
- Baltz, Lewis and William Jenkins. “Notes on Recent Industrial Developments in Southern California.” Commentary and Portfolio. Image 17 (2) (June, 1974): 1-9.
- Baltz, Lewis. The New Industrial Parks Near Irvine, California. New York: Castelli Graphics, 1975. Reprinted: Santa Monica: RAM; Gottlnqen, Germany: Steidl, 2001; as part of a trilogy of publications (comprising The Tract Houses, The Prototype Works, and The New Industrial Parks Near Irvine, California) Santa Monica: RAM; New York: Whitney Museum of American Art, 2005.
- Wise, Kelly, ed. Photographers’ Choice: A Book of Portfolios and Critical Opinion. Danbury, N.H.: Addison House, 1975.
- Baltz, Lewis, ed. Contemporary American Photographic Works. Exhibition catalogue. Houston: The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, 1977.
- Baltz, Lewis. Nevada. New York: Castelli Graphics, 1978.
- Baltz, Lewis. Essay by Gus Blaisdell. Park City: Photographs by Lewis Baltz.
- Albuquerque: Artspace Press; New York: Castelli Graphics, 1980.
- Baltz, Lewis. Lewis Baltz: Rule Without Exception. Exhibition catalogue.
- Albuquerque: University of New Mexico Press in association with the Des Moines Art Center, 1990.
- Perpetual Mirage: Photographic Narratives of the Desert West. Exhibition catalogue. Edited by May Castleberry. New York: Whitney Museum of American Art, 1996.
Baltz Texts: This long-awaited compendium of Lewis Baltz’s writings from 1975 to 2007 is drawn from his critical writing for magazines such as Art in America, The Times Literary Supplement, L’Architecture d’Aujourd’hui and Purple.
The book includes Baltz’s texts on Edward Weston, Walker Evans, Robert Adams, Michael Schmidt, Allan Sekuka, Chris Burden, Thomas Ruff, Barry Le Va, Jeff Wall, F lix Gonz lez-Torres, John McLaughlin, Slavica Perkovic and Krzysztof Wodiczko, among others.
You must be logged in to post a comment.