The elixir, or the light… or just a developer that stains everything; these days it makes a great hair dye.
Amidol was a developer used by the Cahoona Weston – that alone makes the tripod carrying acolytes tremble. If you don’t have his life, his world, his meaning, at least you can have his method. Big Bad Amidol and Big Bad Camera. I consider this chicken bones; there is no magic in the ash.
The workshop world is filled by takers being taken.
It took 3 years to get the amidol. A lot of hours, effort away from that drive toward meaningful art. It was 9 years later that G. Davis sold off the big barrel. Hope it was worth it. Was he just converting excess to cash, or taking a wiser cash position of a failed dream. Why couldn’t Bud at formulary take it? Probably because they couldn’t sell it either. There is no magic in leftover history, not even the remains of chemical induced zealotry .
Why Oh Why
their motivation wasn’t to save money. that may have been a rational catalyst, but the effort was maintained by some other commitment. Even the commitment to save money was prompted by their need to use the product. What was that need+drive is a much more interesting topic to me
The time and social energy expended had to have some reward, otherwise they are just drained, wasted flow away from an esthetic drive. The simple fact is that the work of Smith and Chamlee is easy bake – the questions they are solving are elementary. Davis has provided a small set of results that edge into beginning terrain, but they quit, having no updates or expansion in years. Perhaps his energy failed him – his techno quest faltered, faith failing him. His sig lines call us toward biblical lands of Matthew and salvation – hard to hold onto a barrel of hair dye if Jesus is calling the faithful and you’re left behind.
- No silver bullet. No magic christian.
- In search of price. Searching for the silver bullet.
- Silver users in search of the perfected cheap bullet.
- After the magic bullet instead of the magic.
- buying their magic instead of making it.
References & Notes:
- Photographers Formulary http://stores.photoformulary.com
- Artcraft http://www.artcraftchemicals.com/products/
webionaire links AMIDOL CHLORIDE PAPER
- amidol tales: https://wp.me/p6UdTM-2Af
- azo zombi: https://wp.me/p6UdTM-2FS
- easy amidol: https://wp.me/p6UdTM-2zf
- chloride papers: https://wp.me/p6UdTM-1MR
Old Trails https://wp.me/p6UdTM-2H0
[1 of 3: Nov 6, 17]